Thursday, May 21, 2009

Long overdue update!

Sorry it has been MONTHS since I updated this. I plan on updating a lot more. 

From my last post it looks like Ryan had lost his job but a few days/weeks later he got a job at Fed-Ex Home Delivery. It was a good job but not good pay. So a couple weeks ago he actually got a new job at Fed-Ex Ground. This is such a good job and his boss really likes him. He gets paid a lot more then at Home Delivery. 

He didn't end up leaving for his recall since they denied his orders in April. Which we are very happy about. He didn't end up re-enlisting either since it would have taken to long for everything to go through and they had a deadline of the first of the year and that wasn't going to happen. 

We ended up finding a new babysitter a couple weeks after this post. From what we thought she was awesome and we loved her and even got together with her on the weekend. Well that all changed last week. 

She called me on Wednesday at about 1 balling. She told me her grandfather had a heart-attack and I needed to come get Billy because she needed to get to the hospital since they didn't think he was going to make it. So of course I felt bad for he and left work. When I got to her house she was sitting on the floor in her living room still balling and she was bagging up her sons train set. Both Billy and her son we sleeping so we woke them both up and got them ready to leave. She told me as we were leaving that she would call me later on to let me know about tomorrow and if Billy would be going there. We leave at about 1:45 and go home. About 20 minutes later she sends me a text that I had left Billy's medicine in the fridge and could go inside to get it through her garage. Since it was very important that I got it so he could take it that afternoon and night we left to go get it. When we got there I had noticed that the playroom was all packed up but didn't really think about it and proceeded to the kitchen to the fridge. I got it out of the fridge and out of the corner of my eye I see a note on the dining room table. I read it so that I could find out where she was so I could bring her and her son some dinner and a gift. Well that is not what the note said. It was a note to her husband that she was leaving him and that they were being evicted from their house at 8 the following morning. At that point I was freaking out since I didn't know what I was going to do with Billy the following day since I had to work and because I thought we were friends and she would have told me something like that. So I call Ryan but he doesn't answer since he is working. When Ryan gets home at about 6 I tell him everything and he called her phone to see what was going on. Well the phone was shut off completely disconnected. I tell him then that we need to go to their house to find out what is happening. We get there and her husband had just gotten home a little bit ago and found the note. He confirmed what I had read in the note. He had no idea about any of it. His mom was there helping him pack everything up and move it to her house. She told us that the babysitter had been getting drunk while watching Billy and she herself would have to come over and watch him since she couldn't even stand up. Me and Ryan at this point at LIVID! The next day her husband sends me a text that he needs to talk to me. So I call him and he tells me a TON of things. She had been lying to him and keeping secrets from him. She was on probation, had felonies, and had warrants for her arrest all of which were in 4+ different cites in KS and MO. We are finding out more and more information everyday as well as her husband too. So needless to say we were/are in shock and this was a MAJOR eye opener for us. 

Billy is now going to a Christian Daycare Center. He has been going there since Tuesday and seems to like it so far. He hasn't been doing well when I drop him off but he will come around soon I hope. 

So this weekend we are going to the Lake for the holiday weekend. I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.



Ashley said...

What daycare center is he at?

Ashley said...

Jani bryson she is down in westport

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

First, I saw you were a new follower so I had to come check you out! Second, HOLY CROW!! That story is insane! I cannot even imagine finding all that stuff out and knowing my child had not been her first priority. I mean I am appalled. Her poor husband too! Wow. I'm glad you were able to find a good daycare :)

the Somarribas said...

Oh my! That sounds like a parent's nightmere! I hope everything works out at the new daycare!

I'm a new follower to your blog too :)

Amy Ioppini said...

omg that is crazy! all this time and you had no idea! talk about horrible! that's great he's in a christian daycare. james went to a christian preschool this last year and he came home singing songs about Jesus! it's so awesome! sorry i'm a little late on this. i finally (hopefully) am back to blogging. lol! :)